Friday, April 2, 2010

Whole Foods Makes Me Dinner

When I work a 12 hour shift, I must confess, cooking is the last thing on my mind when I get home (couch, book or tv, nice beverage). I am also interested in how to stretch every thing. So, the other night, I hit the Whole Foods on my way home. They have a dinner plate (vegetarian, meat, seafood--prices increase $1 per grade), main course and two sides. So I went with sirloin steak (cooked with a light sweet tangy sauce), Swiss Chard and Polenta with sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese. The price $12, but wait there is more. This is 1/3 of what I got so I got three meals of it (the Polenta and Swiss Chard only made it two meals). So while it was not the bargain basement deal, it was worth a few dollars of hassle money per meal.

No comments: