Monday, July 19, 2010

Pasta Salad

So one of my co-workers from the hospital had a pasta salad and she got me thinking. So when I got home I started my own voyage on the Summer O'10 pasta salad. This is my first try:

Pasta cooked and cooled (I like penne)
Cherry tomatoes cut in half
Fresh Spinach
Fresh basil
goat cheese
Trader Joe's Cilantro Dressing
Candied Pistachios*

So, it was yummy, but the goat cheese was a bit off. So watch for varriation on this theme.


Candied Pistachios (from Food and Wine)
    1. 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
    2. 1 1/2 teaspoons hot water
    3. 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
    4. 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (I used brown sugar)

    Directions

  • MAKE THE CANDIED PISTACHIOS: Preheat the oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, stir the granulated sugar with the hot water. Add the pistachios and turbinado sugar; stir to coat. Spread the pistachios on the cookie sheet and bake until crisp, about 8 minutes. Let cool, then break into pieces.

No comments: