Friday, October 24, 2008

Lunch Today


Today I was at my little friend W. house. W. is lucky enough to have his grandmother or Nana to take care of him. Nana is from Albania but is recovering from foot surgery, so that is why I am there. Anyone who has taken care of a 16 month-old knows you have to be quick and on your feet and on them all day.

Nana made lunch today. At the top of the plate is baked stuff eggplant. This was delicious.

Nana said the eggplant was a Turkish eggplant. She pealed strips of the eggplant, sauted in a pan, then stuffed with squash, onions and tomatoes.

At the 6 o'clock position, yes that is okra. The okra was cleaned with salt water, then friend with a little olive oil. The okra is then cooked in beef stock with stewed tomatoes. I am not a huge fan of okra, but I like this and I ate all it.

The last item on the plate is at the 3 o'clock position and is baked red peppers with squash and tomato. This was simple fresh veggies baked with tomato and garlic. While the dished used many of the same ingredients, each one was about fresh veggies and they have different tastes.

eSusan

No comments: