Friday, October 24, 2008

Welcome

Greetings,
I made dinner for my friends Jackie, Brad and Skyler last night, it was a belated birthday present for Jackie. Jackie and I were talking about cooking and food and I mentioned my obsession with trying to not waste food and maximizing my food purchases and she said, start a blog, so here I am. Last night we had a roasted squash and sweet potato soup with herb cream, pot roast with Zinfandel wine, braised carrots and parsnips, swiss chard with lemon and honey, and dessert from Trader's Joe (the tiny apple tarts and the apricot and flan tart). I really liked the carrots and parsnips. The pot roast was good, but I think would have been better if we ate it the day it was cooked. I know that it was cruel to slow cook the pot roast the day before, fill the apartment with that wonderful smell and then take the dinner out and leave my apartment mate to suffer with no food.

So now I have some chicken stock, carrots, and parsnips left over, so my options are, Turkey Sausage Soup with white beans, lentil soup, or something else. Stay tuned!

No comments: