Sunday, January 4, 2009

Warm and Simple

So after the holidays, my guest had left, I needed to cook a simple but tasty meal at home. I had eaten chicken, beef and out of this world fish, so I went with fish. I have the R. house eaten fish with Panko and mayonnaise, but I went with mayo cousin Mustard. I lined a pan with foil, dotted the cod with a tiny bit of butter, put the mustard on, then the Panko.

Then I baked at 350 for 12-15 minutes. During that time I shredded red cabbage sauteed with a little olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar and added a dash of sesame seeds. I felt the need to eat this right away, and with a cloth napkin.

I did see some other ideas for fish and panko, here are few links that might inspire you to try this: Crispy Baked Cod with Greens, Panko-Crusted Salmon with Lingonberry Mustard, and what looks very good Red Snapper with Nasturtium-flower butter.

No comments: