Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cheese


I love cheese, no seriously, I love cheese. A good cheese store is worth it weight in Gouda. A few of my favorite cheese stores are East Village Cheese Shop. This is one of the places I learned to love a good smelly cheese. But since I'm no longer in the 10003 zip code, I've had to find other resources. Here in the Boston area, I love the cheese counter at Russo's. I have found some wonderful finds at Wasik's or the Cheese Shop in Wellesley. The cheese mongers are the key to a great shop.

So after a long day at work, I went to shop at Russo's and at the cheese counter asked some thing good and creamy. I got Brescianella Stagionata, WARNING: This cheese smells like old socks left in the gym bag. It tastes nothing like that however. Here is my dinner plate, the only thing missing is the Chardonnay I had with it. The Brescianella was rich and creamy with a full flavor. Next time I would add some olives to the plate.

No comments: