Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fish, Charleston, South Carolina






Each of the wonderful dinners out was followed by a performance at Spoletto. So, Fish was the restaurant next in the que. I was struck at first by decor, clean, multiple rooms, wonderful light and wine list that could have been a reference book (the prices were a bit steep). I started with Escargot dumplings, tomato fennel salad, potato duck confit, garlic cilantro cream. It was a wonderful marriage of uncommon ingredients. My dinning companions had the mixed green salad with goat cheese spring roll. The spring roll stole the show. I had the fish special-but for the life of me I can't remember what it was (I know I know so bad). It was just wonderful, I do remember that. My dinner companion had the Mandarin Chicken keegan-filion farm chicken, napa cabbage, cashews, brown rice, fennel and sauce a l’orange.

If you go to Fish, be sure to walk around and check out the artwork.

No comments: