Thursday, July 2, 2009

Community Supported Agricutrue

This year I am splitting a CSA share with a friend from work. The first box came today. The first challenge was finding the pickup spot. Once I cracked the code on the pickup, I found myself with a big box of great looking produce. I am getting organic produce from The Farm School. I am a little nervous about getting produce I have no idea how to cook or wasting too much. So tonight I cooked the frisse from the recipe that came with the list of veggies. Only one problem, I cooked the cabbage instead of the frisee. But the good news, it was really good. Here is the recipe that I used from the recipe of the week from Farm School.

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/2 cup coarse fresh bread crumbs
3/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
3/4 teaspoon anchovy paste (I used fish and oyster sauce instead)
1 head frisee, torn (or 1 head of cabbage)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon maple syrup

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch heavy skilled over medium heat until it shimmers. Cook bread crumbs until crispy and golden brown about 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl and stir in zest and a pinch of salt,

Wipe out skillet, then add anchovy paste and remaining 2 Tbsp and cook 15 seconds. Increase heat to medium-high and saute half of frisee until slightly wilted, about 1 minute. Add remaining frisee and saute until wilted about 2 minutes. Off heat stir in juice, syrup, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Serve topped with bread crumbs.

Cabbage
Frisee Cabbage

No comments: