Friday, November 20, 2009

Gravy Train

A colleague at work is recovering from hip replacement ( a little ironic for someone who works on an orthopedic unit). But my favorite get well gift is a home cook dinner delivered. Sometimes, I do a drop off, then call when I'm a block away. Here is my get well dinner, grilled salmon, mixed greens salad, avocado ranch salad dressing and lemon cookies (thanks Brown Eyed Baker). I try to make the meal to what the person likes and what they can eat during their recovery.

What do you like to make for get well meals?

2 comments:

Tasty Trix said...

Hmmm, I know what I like to eat for a get ell meal: grilled cheese and tomato soup with ginger ale!

eSusan said...

Oh that is the ultimate get well meal, dose not travel so well, but maybe could lend them my sandwich maker....