Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Broiled Grapefruit

I know some of you are not fans of grapefruit, and I respect that, I might think you are wrong, but I can respect your opinion. Now that fall is creeping winter here in New England, I am in the middle of the when to turn on the heat battle. To help me hold of a little longer in this battle, I have been thinking of ways to keep my oven working. Here is something that I have wanting to try. I used a red grapefruit, cut in half, sprinkled with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg then I broiled it for a few minutes until the sugar was brown and gooey. This was yummy. It also has lead to a new search--broiler pan--as my rental apartment has long been divested of the original. Try this on a lazy morning, but try to avoid spilling on the paper.

2 comments:

Tasty Trix said...

I used to have this for breakfast when I was a kid - my mom would put shredded coconut and brown sugar on it. I had totally forgotten about it! Thanks!

eSusan said...

You're welcome. I'm not a fan of coconut, but if you do, that sounds good. I might add a little granola.