Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dinner and A Nap....Orrzo Salad and Spinach Salad

On my last trip to NYC, I was on mission, to feed the family of this little guy. I had exactly one afternoon nap to run out, shop, run back (and up 5 flights of stairs), start prep...on your mark get set go. Since I was in the East Village in NYC, I went to the East Village Cheese Shop.
Here is what I made, orzo salad with grilled chicken.

1 box orzo (cook until a little al dente)
3 fresh tomatoes diced
1 cup kalamata pitted olives
1/4 fresh parsley chopped
1/2 cup goat cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil
1/4 toasted pine nut

2 boneless chicken cutlets.

Dressing
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
salt
pepper

Wisk olive oil and lemon juice together, toss orzo with dressing. Add tomatoes, olives, parsley, goat cheese and let sit for at least an hour. Add chicken, basil, and pine nuts just before serving.

I made a spinach salad with raspberries, avocados, pink grapefruit, and raspberry dressing.

I didn't finish all the work before the little guy woke up, so he was sous chef in the bouncy seat and I hope that it was the start cooking up great things with my nephew.

No comments: