Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Winner is.....

 So, in December I had a contest for what was in your pantry.  Jeanne was the winner so on my last trip to NYC we made a cooking date.  She picked the menu, Thanksgiving Lasagna,  Jeanne is an long time friend that I do not see that as much as I'd like, when we do get together, it is full of fun.

I have not had a cooking date in awhile, so it was great fun.  Jeanne's daughter has been doing a lot of the cooking and she is a vegetarian, so she wanted to make something that would be enjoyed by everyone.

The recipe was easy and it helped to buy many of the ingredients pre-cut.  It was fun to spend time visiting and cooking, not just cooking to get  the meal on the table.  It was easy to assemble, and ready to go into the oven.
 Now, here is the way to enjoying cooking!












The finished product!  Here is the recipe, cut from a magazine.  I couldn't find where it was from, but I do have the scan of it. Saving clippings, now that is a topic for late.

http://issuu.com/naupstate/docs/upstate-1110-web
It was a wonderful visit and I got many envious looks on the trip back to Boston when I ate my dinner. 

Maybe you will the winner of the next contest!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! The article was in Natural Awakenings Upstate November 2010, page 14: http://issuu.com/naupstate/docs/upstate-1110-web

Jeanne said...

Our cooking visit was so wonderful, and Susan, you are a delightful chef -- patient, kind and creative. I had such fun cooking with you, even though I probably did little more than show you where I keep my utensils (sadly disorganized in various reaches of the kitchen). The lasagna turned out delicious, and I am amazed that I won the contest. By the way, I took your advice, and cracked open that whole bag of hazelnuts one evening while watching TV; I think it was The Biggest Loser, hahaha!

eSusan said...

Jeanne, keep them in the fridge if you don't use the right away. I have been known to eat bad things during The Biggest Loser.