Friday, October 9, 2009

A Challenge is Issued!

I have a frient (friend and client) issue me this challenge recently:

"Make the giant bag of frozen veggies from the warehouse club taste palatable." My first thought, puree in a soup, "No" she said, too much work. How about a stir fry? Well they were a bag of stir fry veggies, so where was the challenge in that?....So, I roasted them at 500 degree in two pans one pyrex and one ceramic style one. I added onions, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. The goal, to roast out the water and roast in some crunch. I pulled off some water from both pans, but the ceramic one worked better.

The result... from the diners, "Amazing. We used them in burritos, but I also found myself eating them plain. You are a true miracle worker.
Thanks!"

No comments: