Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oliver & Co

On one of my many trips to NYC, I went to this gourmet store in the West Village, Oliver & Co. and I just found out they have a store in Boston.  Here is a picture of their window display.  So, I can't say too much about what I got,  as I did purchase some loyal followers of this blog holiday presents from this store.  But, the olive oil from here is WONDERFUL.  There are many kinds, but there were two that were as smooth as silk on your tongue and they had a wave of flavor that pulled you into the ocean before you knew what hit you.  The basil oil and Il Fornacio were my favorites.  They let me taste so many things, it was a wonderful end to a day.

Be warned, you might want to cash out your 401(k) to get some items here, but I did find some wonderful stocking stuffers (more on that later).    I am now on a quest for olive oil that tastes better than what I had here without putting me in the poor house.

No comments: