Sunday, December 19, 2010

Orlando, Florida--Big Fin Seafood

 On a recent trip Orlando, my Dad and I made a pilgrimage to city of theme parks.   After a day of enjoying Wizzarding World, we went to Big Fin Seafood.  We found this restaurant from Open Table on my phone when we got back to our hotel.

This Calamari was unbelievable!  It was smooth as butter and sweet.  I would have ordered two had I known that it was going to taste like this!  Sorry the terrible photos, too many roller coasters made me forget my camera.
 This  Grouper with Panko Bread crumbs.  While this was very good,  the Calamari was the the home run.  Grouper is not a fish that I find in my home town, so I wanted to go with something that I can't get very easy chez moi.  Grouper is a tender white fish that can hold a lot of flavor. 
My Dad had the Mahi Mahi grilled with a Jamaican Jerk Sauce on the side.  His fish was cooked perfectly! The haricot verts were lovely, crisp garden fresh with the shallots giving that extra flavor.

Our dessert was Key Lime pie, but it didn't last long enough for a picture.



No comments: