Saturday, September 12, 2009

Home Made Tomato Soup


When I picked up my CSA share, I had a bounty of tomatoes, so you could guess what was on the menu.

I had some chicken stock in the freezer, so I got to work. I cut up the goods, added some lovely red onions also from the CSA, a few cloves of garlic, dressed it with oil olive and roasted the bunch for about an hour. Next time, I would seed the tomatoes first, then roast. I put all the ingredients in a stock pot and pureed with the hand blender. Since I had not seeded the tomatoes, I had to seed them now, by pushing the pulp through a sieve. Let's just say, not something that I enjoyed. I ended up with two small size batches, one I added basamic vinegar to one and the other some chicken demi glace.

Here is the final result with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. I have to confess I'm not sold on this--it is wonderful but the work:result ratio was too high. I'm still on the hunt.

No comments: